Add to List
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Black/ Caribbean. She/her.
- Experience Level: Mid-Career
- Field of Work: Narrative Film
- Union: ACTRA
- Favourite Movies: Short Term 12, Moonlight, Another Earth, The Lobster, We Need to Talk about Kevin.
- Favourite TV Shows: Succession, Black Monday, Chewing Gum
- Authorized to work in the USA?: No
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://www.instagram.com/aishaevelyna/?hl=en
Born to Canadian parents of Caribbean descent, Aisha is passionate about bringing stories of the underrepresented to the forefront of our social consciousness. She is an actor, writer, and director who holds a BA with specialized honours in Theatre from York University.
Recent Film/ TV and Theatre appearances include CBC’s “WORKIN’ MOMS”, “MURDOCH MYSTERIES”, and the Canadian premiere of Sarah DeLappe’s Pulitzer nominated play “The Wolves”
Aisha was nominated ByBlacks.com as the 2019 Black Canadian Filmmaker of the year for her work on her second short film “SHOEGAZER”.
ShoeGazer, which she wrote co-produced and starred in, is completing its 2019/20 festival tour and recently won a special jury prize for Best New Voice at the Canadian Film Festival.
Presently, Aisha has just completed her directorial debut “NAVAL GAZING” (world premiere pending) and is currently developing her Feature Directorial Debut “SEAHORSE” which she intends to star in.
When not dreaming about film, she programs them at Canadian Academy Qualifying Film Festival Reelworld. When not programming, acting, writing, or directing, Aisha can be found eating donuts in Toronto.
I am passionate about representation in front of and behind the camera. I work in predominantly Narrative film as am Actor, Wrter and Director. I am also the Shorts Programmer at Reelworld Film Festival.
Filmmaker reel - https://vimeo.com/443144216