- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto, Ottawa, MTL
- How do you Identify?: Creative Dreamer
- Age: 1986
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Documentary, and Other
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Directing Music Videos/Commercials, Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material, and Other
- Recent Credits: Piaget. Featuring Ryan Reynolds
- Favourite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Living with Yourself
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://www.amitkehar.com/
Amit Kehar’s entire artistic practice is dedicated to the art of capturing and creating emotion. As a motion director and cinematographer he brings others into worlds that tease the imagination and capture the reality of environments they otherwise would not experience.
Whether working with Academy Award-winning actors or undiscovered local craft-makers, Amit’s focus is to bring emotions into light, and bring into perspective the motive, as well as the storytelling to the audience. Amit holds a Bachelor in Communications, specializing in Cinema and Production.
Each project is a journey which starts with light, the most important element in creating an image. Before I walk on set there is only darkness and everything lacks a sense of purpose and meaning. Once light falls into place, the most ordinary things come to life, and the images shine in the viewers’ eyes. Light becomes a language that writes itself in the form of images in movement. Light travels through boundaries, and has the ability to touch us at the deepest level. I use this language to convey my ideas, vision and purpose, irrespective of environmental conditions, whether I am shooting with natural light, or in a controlled studio. With each project, my primary goal is to convey a vision to myself and then work towards revealing that vision to others. I strive to do justice to what I see, never compromising, to tell stories that are compelling and capture my audiences.