- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Chinese Canadian
- Age: 27
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Documentary, and Other
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: For-Hire Work
- Favourite TV Shows: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Killing Eve, Reply 1997, Sherlock, Queer Eye, Downton Abbey
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://www.echozhoudesign.com/
My name is Echo Zhou, and I am a freelance set and lighting designer for theatre and live events based in Toronto. I am also bilingual (Chinese, English).
I trained in scenic painting, prop making, set decor, computer and hand drafting, and I took art direction class in university. I became a permit of ITASE 873 scenic painting department in 2017. I have a few years of practice with design(both set and lighting), props, scenic painting in theatre, but I don’t have any experience with film or tv yet.
I enjoy discovering details of a film, either is the colour palette, shot angle, or details of set dressing. I believe everything shows in the shot is essential- it could reveal a point later in the storyline, or it could set the tone for the film.
I am creative, innovative and hard-working, and I am looking to grow my craft in the art department world as an art director assistant, set dresser, prop person or painter. Ultimately I hope I can design both theatre and film.