- Country: Canada
- Province/State: British Columbia
- City: Vancouver
- How do you Identify?: Latina
- Age: 28
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted and Documentary
- Union: IATSE
- Interested In: For-Hire Work
- Recent Credits: “This Is A Period Piece” - Crazy8s 2020
- Favourite Movies: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Harry Potter,
- Favourite TV Shows: House, Bones, Hollywood, Modern Family, Never Have I Ever
- Pitch a Project: The Peruvian-adopted daughter of a Caucasian lesbian couple grows up in Minneapolis, set in the 90s. Too brown for the white people and too white for the brown people.
- Link: http://www.elenajmiller.com/
Elena Miller has experience working in film, theatre, makeup effects, bridal, beauty and fashion/editorial. During school she learned a variety of skills such as: learning how to sculpt, cast, mold and paint foam latex, silicone, and gelatin; how to hand-lay hair, ventilate wigs and facial hair pieces as well as basic hairstyling. She recently graduated from the full-time, year-long Makeup Design for Film and Television program at Vancouver Film School on December 13, 2018.
Originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota, I began my love of makeup on YouTube and working 2 years in cosmetic retail. However, I soon realized that the makeup for film, television, ad campaigns and commercials were far more fascinating and exciting. I discovered how to further my education and quickly applied to VFS. I recently graduated and am happy to say it was the best decision of my life. I found that I LOVE working on set. 16 hour days? Those are my jam. No…seriously. I enjoy long takes from various angles and watching the process unfold.
I am now looking for new projects! I’d love to talk to you about extending your vision for your project. If I can’t make it, I know someone else who can. Together, we can make art.