- City: Los Angeles
- How do you Identify?: queer, Muslim, Brown, South Asian, Pakistani, Indian, woman, cis
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Rep: Mainstay Entertainment/Tim Honigman
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Link: http://www.fawziamirza.com || www.instagram.com/thefawz || www.twitter.com/thefawz
FAWZIA MIRZA is a writer/creator/director, named a White House ‘Champion of Change’ in Asian American Art & Storytelling, ’10 Filmmakers to Watch’ (Independent Magazine), a 3Arts Acting Grantee, a ‘Top 10 Creative’ (Indiewire), a Djerassi Program Writing Resident, an alum of Tribeca Film Institute’s All Access Program, winner of the 2019 Islamic Scholarship Filmmaker Grant and one of the recipients of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs inaugural ‘Esteemed Artist’ award. Her one-woman-play-turned-screenplay was named an SFFILM Society Rainin Fellow, is supported by the Canada Council for the Arts and was invited to the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) Writer’s Studio. Her first feature, SIGNATURE MOVE, which she co-wrote, produced and stars in, world premiered SXSW, screened 150+ film festivals globally, won 14 awards (Outfest Grand Jury Prize, Best US Narrative), available on Amazon/itunes. She wrote on CBS series THE RED LINE, executive produced by Greg Berlanti and Ava Duvernay; her episode marked the first example of a gay, Muslim romance on network television. She appeared on the CBC award-winning documentary series INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM. A short film she wrote and directed I KNOW HER airs on CBC on the televised competition, ‘Short Film Face Off’ and she’s in pre production on a new short she will write/direct in association with CBC Gem.