- Country: Canada
- Province/State: British Columbia
- City: Vancouver, BC
- How do you Identify?: I am a queer Black woman
- Age: 22
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted and Other
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Directing Music Videos/Commercials, Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material, For-Hire Work, and Shadowing
- Recent Credits: The Body Rememberers When The World Broke Open(Art), Resident Alien (PA), The Magicians (PA), Holborn Home Development Commercial (PD), London Drugs Christmas Commercial 2019 (Art)...
- Favourite Movies: Do the Right Thing, Daughters of the Dust, Matilda, Get Out, Us, Sorry To Bother You, and more I’m forgetting!
- Favourite TV Shows: Insecure, A black lady sketch show, Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, Euphoria..more I’m forgetting because I watch too much TV.
- Contact Information: (514)774-6959, email@example.com
- Link: https://instagram.com/janessastpierre?igshid=1jiz7c411v6kd
Hey! I’m Janessa. I’m born and raised in Vancouver. I went to post secondary at Concordia University for Film Studies then to Capilano University for the Motion Picture Arts Program for two years. I started working in the industry here in Vancouver right after I finished my second year at Capilano. I wrote a short called “Think Again” that was produced my second year at Capilano and got prized with Best Short at the iGen Youth Awards in Miami. I also have experience working as a Set Dresser/ Art Assistant on Multiple commercials and independent films including “The Body Remembers When The World Broke Open.”
I was doing PA work for steady experience and income but my passion lies with directing and screenwriting and production design. I aim to tell stories that highlight complex black narratives, focusing on black women and black non binary folks who often don’t get to be the main character. I aim to write and create with like minded individuals over the years with hopes to direct my own short stories and turn those short stories into features. I use storytelling and film as my “activism” you can say. I want to make a difference out there and I believe unique stories have a special way of doing that.