- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: As me, at the cross-section of many intersectionalities.
- Experience Level: Mid-Career
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Kids, Animation, and Narrative Film
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material, Other, For-Hire Work, and Shadowing
- Recent Credits: CCF's Solstice Stories, Gary's Magic Fort, Studio K
- Favourite Movies: Encanto, Lion King, Never Ending Story, Do Revenge, Dark Crystal, Very Bad Things.
- Favourite TV Shows: Bluey, Magic School Bus, Odd Squad, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Detention Adventure, Creeped Out, Never Have I Ever, White Lotus, Grand Army, Ginny and Georgia, Get Even, A Tale Dark and Grimm
- Pitch a Project: "Solstice Stories" - over a 3-day solstice inspired camping trip, four teens discover a mysterious chest with 5 gifts, 5 stories, and 1 warning, don't sleep. Together, they have to solve the mystery before the final sunrise.
- Authorized to work in the USA?: No
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: https://damalikai.world/
- Link 2: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damalikailittlewhite/
- Link 3: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2512037/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
Kai is a writer and producer of immersive experiences for kids full of fun, purpose, and heart. Kai has worked in development to distribution on over 100 hours of produced features, TV, shorts, and music videos.
Inspired by the approach of Sesame Workshop, Kai completed a M.A. in Child Development and Education from OISE/UofT. Kai followed by teaching and developing curriculum for toddlers to teens including a multi-level curriculum aligned, group-play Minecraft game. Kai’s work in the digital space includes augmented reality (AR), spatial audio, branching narratives, visual novels, and straight up video games. Kai led the creation of an AR audio zine “Storytellers’ Lime: Journey to Babylon” as part of the CERC collective storytelling project “Under the Tent” which launched at the Aga Khan Museum in July 2022.
Kai is a graduate of CFC’s Producer’s Lab and Centennial’s Children’s Media program. At CBC Kids, Kai associate produced “Gary’s Magic Fort” and “Studio K”. Kai is a WIFT mentor and juror and a kids industry advisor for the Black Screen Office. In 2022, Kai won the Youth Media Alliance-TAAFI John Rooney Creator Fund.
Kai is a storyteller and producer of immersive experiences fro kids, youth, and their caregivers filled with heart, impact, and giggles.
Kai creates accessible experiences around STEAM, social justice, the environment, and wellness. Kai’s work plays with intersectionality and universality with sprinklings of humour. Kai daydreams of a solarpunk future and creates content to inspire the next generation to create it.
Kai’s latest linear project, a supernatural-mystery-comedy “CCF’s Solstice Stories” wrapped production on the funded proof of concept short film which premiered at the CaribbeanTales Film Festival in September 2022. With funding from Weird Ghosts, Kai will be leading the prototyping of an AR narrative game extension to “Solstice Stories” this fall.
To learn more about Kai’s other kids, youth, and family focussed projects, check out my website http://bpmedia.me
"CCF's Solstice Stories" Trailer of the Proof of Concept short - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkgTG5Y47EM
"Storytrellers Lime: Journey to Babylon" audio only from the AR audio zine: https://soundcloud.com/damalilittle-white/storytellers-lime-journey-to-babylon-under-the-tent-edition