- Country: Canada
- Province/State: British Columbia
- City: Vancouver
- How do you Identify?: Japanese Female
- Experience Level: Emerging
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Union: ACTRA
- Rep: Sohrab Merchant / The Characters Talent Agency (TO) Katy McCaffery, Frank Wuliger, Greg Pedicin / Gersh Agency (LA)
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material, and Shadowing
- Recent Credits: In Loving Memory
- Favourite Movies: Shoplifters, Before Sunset, Her, City Lights
- Favourite TV Shows: Fleabag, Breaking Bad, Schitts Creek, The Night of
- Pitch a Project: I am developing a feature that is based on a true love story, set in Japan and Vancouver. I have an award winning short as a proof of concept, please message me if you’re interested.
- Authorized to work in the USA?: No
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: https://www.immyyoume.com/
- Link 2: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4266738/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
From Tokyo, Japan.
Mayumi Yoshida is a Japanese actor known for her role as Crown Princess (The Man in The High Castle) which got her a nomination for Best Emerging Actor at UBCP Awards.
Her other recent acting credits include The Terror: Infamy (AMC) and The Good Doctor (ABC).
She is also an award winning writer/director. “TOKYO LOVERS” has won Best Performance Award at Vancouver Asian Film Festival, Best short at Japan Film Festival LA. Her directorial debut film “AKASHI” has won Outstanding Writer out of 4500 films at NBCUniversal Short Film Festival, Best Female Director at Vancouver Short Film Festival, Matrix Award at the Vancouver Women in Film Festival and many more internationally. She recently received 2019’s Newcomer award at Vancouver Women in Film Festival’s Spotlight awards for her success in multiple fields. She recently finished her first horror short “Trim” and won Best Film, Best Screenplay at Blood n Guts 48hr film festival. She also just completed her Harold Greenberg funded short film “In Loving Memory” co-directed with Diana Bang and written/starring Andrea Bang.
She is currently developing her first feature film which she wrote and will be acting and directing as well.
I moved to Vancouver wanting to be an actor, and make my dad’s dream come true by getting him a cabin in Canada.
One out of two I achieved, so I think I’m on the right track!
How I became a multi-hyphenate was pure impulse and accidental.
I wrote a play. Then the “spin off” story of that play turned into a short film.
That short film lit a fire in me as a storyteller, so I started writing and directing more.
That short also got into film fests and won awards, which led to getting reps in LA for literary and talent.
Now I am developing a feature film version of that short film that opened my career up to so many possibilities.
I’m driven to telling character driven stories, and creating opportunities for more representation in front of and behind camera. I’m a Director who loves to work closely with the performers, and a Writer who always start with character, most likely because of my background in Acting and Theatre.
Excited to tell more stories that reveal universal truths, through a very specific perspective.