- Country: United States
- Province/State: California
- City: ROWLAND HEIGHTS
- Experience Level: Emerging
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Comedy Series, and Drama Series
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Directing Music Videos/Commercials, and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: This Will Destroy You, Director.
- Favourite Movies: Widows, Major Payne, Memento, Vanilla Sky, Ender's Game
- Favourite TV Shows: Tales from the Loop, Watchmen, Ozarks
- Pitch a Project: After witnessing a violent swatting prank, a video game grifter recruits a diverse group of nerds to take down his former corporate sponsor.
- Authorized to work in the USA?: Yes
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7805766
After serving in the US Air Force, Michael wrote and directed his first web-series “PreGame Lobby” with Machinima, Inc while studying writing and film theory at the University of Northern Colorado. The twelve episode series ran from 2008 – 2010 and garnered a cult-following and eight million cumulative views. Michael later earned an MFA from Chapman University’s Cinematography and Film Production program.
Michael is the Winner of the Festival Heart at the Intendence Film Festival for his 2017 short, “Axios” and “Best American Film” at the 2020 LA Cinematography Awards for “This Will Destroy You”.
He’s currently developing his first feature film, “First Solo”: a coming of age story about the dangers of militarism in a small conservative town.
Michael is also developing the TV series, “Lost the Lead” his follow-up to “PreGame Lobby” which will begin production in fall of 2020.
I’m a military veteran and funded the tuition for Chapman’s MFA and other indie film projects by working as a corporate project manager. I’ve shot and directed over two dozen short films, music videos, and TV pilots. I know how to produce with minimal budget and can lead large multi-cam shoots.
I’m inspired to tell stories that are anti-militaristic and films that challenge societal norms. I encourage critical thought – even if it may lead to dark discussions.