- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Malaysian-Canadian
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Documentary, and Other
- Union: DGC
- Interested In: Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Directing Music Videos/Commercials, and For-Hire Work
- Recent Credits: Poor Agnes (feature), Chasing Valentine (feature), The Remnant (short), Time Out (short)
- Favourite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Back to the Future, Sleepy Hollow, Evil Dead
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: http://navinr.com/
My passion for capturing images begin when I was 6 years old and my dad gave me access to his Canon AE-1 35mm camera. Seeing the world through a lens and being able to compose my own visuals opened my curious mind to infinite possibilities, and that sense of wonder still runs through me. I still shoot on my trusty AE-1 (thank goodness for the revival of film!) but now I’m fortunate to be a full time content creator and surround myself with amazing collaborators and work on some truly inspiring projects.
Feature films and commercials/social media content are my forte. I’ve worked with brands such as WestJet, Canada Goose, Volkswagen, Playtex and Under Armour. My recent feature film Poor Agnes, won the coveted Barry Convex Award for Best Canadian Film at the 2017 Fantasia Film Festival and this is what the jury members had to say about the work:
“Poor Agnes was chosen to represent the 2017 Barry Convex Award not only for its impressive direction, darkly comic storytelling and overall unified vision, but for its challenging attitude. Coming out of a country with a system where voices of subversion against, and challenges to, the mainstream status quo are few and far between – and yet more important than ever – Poor Agnes acts as a daring and powerful middle finger against establishment filmmaking.”
I’m currently promoting my newest short, The Remnant while developing two feature films with some people I’m really excited to work with.
Hi! I’m Navin Ramaswaran and I’m a Director & Editor represented by Unified Content, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I’m also a stills photographer and shoot on digital media as well as film.
I’m always open to collaborations and working on exciting projects!