- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Oshawa
- How do you Identify?: BLACK AFRICAN - AFRO CANADIAN - NIGERIAN CANADIAN - MAN - HE - STREIGHT
- Experience Level: Established
- Field of Work: Drama Series, Narrative Film, Documentary, Commercials, Music Videos, and Other
- Union: Non-Union
- Pitch a Project: I need an Executive Producer for my up-coming 6 feature films. No, you will not sponsor the production of my projects. I shall take care of the production funds.
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: https://victoriastreetstudios.ca/
I’m a Film Historian, Writer, Animator, Producer & Director of intellectual fiction and documentary films. I also write and produce commercial adverts, artistic music videos, and cinematic wedding videos.
I intend to always use my Afro-Canadian expressionism art-films to entertain and inform. My main objective is to produce socially relevant and thought-provoking films which will highlight perilous societal malaise, inspire a visceral reaction, and inspire intellectual debate.
I’m greatly inspired by the filmmaking style of Spike Lee, Mel Gibson, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Tyler Perry, Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu, and Alfonso Cuaron.
*Lately, I have been inspired by the film making style of Gina Prince-Bythewood – the director of ‘’The Woman King’’ (2022).
My film composition style (look & feel) is inspired by the art works of baroque/renaissance painters like Michelangelo Caravaggio and Rembrandt.
My film story writhing style is greatly inspired by the Igbo-Nigerian story-telling style of the Maestro of African Literature – the inestimable sage named Chinua Achebe.
I earned a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Film & Media Studies (2012), from York University, Toronto, Canada. I also worked in the Nigerian film industry (Nollywood) in various capacities before I migrated to Canada.