- Country: Canada and United States
- Province/State: California and Ontario
- City: Toronto / Los Angeles
- How do you Identify?: Indian-Canadian / South Asian Male
- Experience Level: Mid-Career
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Comedy Series, Drama Series, Kids, Animation, Narrative Film, and Commercials
- Union: DGC and WGC
- Rep: Dino Carlaftes at Kaplan-Stahler
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: Schitt's Creek, Sundowners, Diamond Tongues
- Favourite TV Shows: Currently: Baskets, I Think You Should Leave, Succession, Detroiters, Better Things, The Other Two, Fleabag, The Good Place, GLOW, Russian Doll, I May Destroy You
- Authorized to work in the USA?: Yes
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: http://www.pavanmoondi.com/
Pavan Moondi has written and directed three critically-acclaimed feature films: EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (2013), DIAMOND TONGUES (2015), and SUNDOWNERS (2017). The latter of which co-stars comedian Tim Heidecker and is currently streaming on Amazon Prime in the US/UK and CBC Gem in Canada.
His previous film, DIAMOND TONGUES, premiered at the Slamdance Film Festival and garnered a Canadian Screen Award nomination for its first-time actress star. It is also available streaming on Amazon Prime in the US/UK.
Pavan has also worked in television: in 2016 he directed all 8 episodes of a CBC TV single camera sitcom, FOUR IN THE MORNING; and worked in the writers’ room on the Emmy-nominated 5th season of the hit CBC/PopTV series, SCHITT’S CREEK.
He is currently developing a series with comedian Pete Holmes (HBO’s CRASHING, YOU MADE IT WEIRD).
Hi! I’m currently focused on developing a few feature projects I’ve written but am hoping to continue writing and directing in television.