- Country: Canada and Egypt
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Female
- Experience Level: Mid-Career
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Comedy Series, Drama Series, and Narrative Film
- Union: Non-Union, DGC, and WGC
- Rep: Stefan Hogan oscars abrams zimel & associates inc. 438 Queen Street East Toronto, Ontario M5A 1T4 T: 416-860-1790 x 303 F: 416-860-0236 email@example.com
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Directing TV For Hire, Directing Film/Digital for Hire, Directing Music Videos/Commercials, and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: Writer/Director/Producer: Hysteria (Feature Film in post), Writer/Director/Producer: Bootleg (Feature Film in Development), Director: Trust AKA The Last Mark (Feature in prep), Writer/Director: My Perfect Landing (Children TV Episode)
- Favourite Movies: The Killing of a Scared Deer, Alps, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction, The God Father,
- Favourite TV Shows: Fleabag, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Ramy, Seinfeld, Broad City, The Office, Six Feet Under, Fargo, Veep, BoJack Horseman
- Pitch a Project: Set in a quasi dystopian present, HYSTERIA is a thriller about a Muslim family trying to escape a country where a racist government outlawed Islam. As they try to escape, they're held hostage by their neighbors.
- Authorized to work in the USA?: No
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3907840/
Reem Morsi worked as a professional scuba diving & human rights officer prior to becoming a filmmaker. Reem’s first feature film, Hysteria, is a Telefilm Talent to Watch project currently in post production (with support from the CFC/Netflix Accelerator Program).
Morsi’s feature film script, Bootleg, received a scriptwriting grant from the San Francisco Film Society (2016) & won the Telefilm Canada New Voices Award at the Toronto Screenwriters Conference in 2017.
Morsi’s film credits include THEIR FEAST (2012 TIFF, BBC, Cine Sud), NOSTALGIA (2015 – WIFTV), THE DOOR (Whistler, 2016 & Best Drama at 2017 Yorkton Film Festival, Audience Choice Award & Best Screenplay at WIFT Showcase 2018), SHOW & TELL (2016), which won the WIFT/BravoFact pitch competition & Golden Sheaf Awards for Best Director, Best Short Subject & Best Emerging Director (Yorkton Film Festival, 2017).
Morsi has participated in the Berlinale Talents & Script Station (2012 & Bootleg 2018) & TIFF (2016) Talent Labs, CFC’s Directors’ & WIDC Director’s labs in 2014/2015. Women in View Director Shadowing & Directing lab on Dino Dana. Reem received the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television Director Apprenticeship & shadowed on the Handmaid’s Tale.
I’m here to explore more projects to be hired to direct or to join as a writer/co-writer. I’m quite open to interesting projects in general but would have a preference for Psychological Thrillers, Magic Realism and other genres. However, if it’s a meaningful project, I’m open to it regardless of genre.