- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Arab, Middle Eastern
- Experience Level: Mid-Career
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Union: WGC and ACTRA
- Rep: Trina Allen, Paige Berberick/Play Management
- Interested In: TV Writing Room and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: One More Time, Children Ruin Everything, Roast Battle Canada, Parker Andersons, Amelia Parker, Wishful Genies
- Pitch a Project: Proof of concept for my dream series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjhMy2UR55g
- Authorized to work in the USA?: Yes
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: https://robmichaels.com/
- Link 2: https://www.instagram.com/robmmichaels
- Link 3: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9569420/
Rob Michaels is an Iraqi-Canadian writer, director, and performer based between Toronto and Los Angeles.
He’s written for CBC’s new workplace comedy One More Time, Roku’s original series Children Ruin Everything, and CTV’s Roast Battle Canada – which garnered him a nomination for a Canadian Screen Award for Best Writing. He also recently directed his first feature film with Vortex Media. He’s written for the mobile games for the Netflix series Trailer Park Boys and the FXX series Archer. In 2021, he was named one of Playback’s 10 to Watch. He has performed with The Second City and teaches in their sketch and TV writing programs. His sketch comedy channel, Wishful Genies, has accumulated millions of views online via features on Funny Or Die, 9GAG, CBC Comedy, BlogTO, Al Jazeera, and comedy festivals across the continent.
Rob’s greatest accomplishment is completing a math degree and a business degree simultaneously, then choosing a career that requires neither. In his free time, Rob likes to travel the world and listen to Disney songs on repeat.
Looking to work in writers’ rooms as well as having my own content produced.
Sketch Writing Samples: