- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Caribbean Woman of Colour
- Age: 2020
- Experience Level: Emerging
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Union: WGC
- Rep: Jennifer Hollyer Agency
- Interested In: TV Writing Room and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: Frankie Drake Mysteries S4, Blood and Water S3
- Favourite Movies: Daughters of the Dust, Belle, Black Panther, The Shape of Water, Parasite, Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson)
- Favourite TV Shows: Watchmen, GOT, Peaky Blinders, Pride and Prejudice (90s mini series), throw-back Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Cardinal
- Authorized to work in the USA?: No
Mother, historian, and feminist, Robina Lord-Stafford took a giant, necessary-for-her-soul leap of faith by leaving her 20+ years as an executive and entrepreneur to follow her dream of screenwriting professionally.
Her original drama Mad World earned her a Ben Watkins’ Breakthrough Artist Award at the 2019 Toronto Screenwriting Conference, and is in development with Omnifilm Entertainment. She’s currently in the room for S4 of Frankie Drake Mysteries, is the attached writer/co-creator for a new Canadian historical series, and wrote for S3 of Blood and Water . She crafts traditionally unrepresented, nuanced stories, always weaving humour into her characters’ dark and twisty lives.
Robina is a programmer with the TIFF Film Circuit, an active member of WIFT-T and the BIPOC TV & Film community, loves hiking through the forest with her dogs, and getting her dance on.