- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- How do you Identify?: Black, Queer, Femme
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: TV Writing Room and Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material
- Recent Credits: Queer Your Stories (PSA, writer/producer), Maternal (short, producer), Receiver (short, producer), Lessons From Our Daughter (short, producer)
- Favourite Movies: Moonlight, Black Panther, The Color Purple, Dirty Dancing, Steel Magnolias, Chicago
- Favourite TV Shows: Insecure, This Is Us, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Downton Abbey, Sex and The City, A Different World
- Pitch a Project: 2 queer folks in their 20's, a Black artist and a Chinese person, looking for meaning, meet in Montreal at a laundromat. It's 1995, the referendum is happening and they are caught in it. Amongst all of this, can their love survive.
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedina Fiati is a performer, producer, creator and activist for stage and screen. She holds a BFA in Music Theatre from the University of Windsor. In addition to her stage work, she has also been developing a screen based career. As a producer she has produced several shorts, including the award winning Maternal (Best Short, CaribbeanTales Film Festival, screened at 10 festivals), Lessons From Our Daughter, 2 PSAs with ACTRA Toronto (Share The Screen and Queer Your Stories), A Clumsy Encounter and currently in post production, Receiver. She is currently developing the web series, Last Dance which was a part of the WIFT Scripted Digital Series Incubator. Sedina is also an activist. She was the past co chair of ACTRA Toronto’s Diversity Committee, where she co-created several initiatives, including Sandi Ross Award and collaborated with Working The Scene In Colour.
I have a big heart and I believe media has the power to change the world. I want to be a part of projects that have women of colour, LGBTQ+, d/Deaf, disabled people in leading roles in front of and behind the camera. Currently, I am working on a web series, based on a one person show I wrote and I hope to work as a producer, writer and performer in projects that show the complex realities of folks who sit at the intersections of marginalized identities.