- Country: Canada
- Province/State: Ontario
- City: Toronto
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted
- Union: Non-Union
- Interested In: TV Writing Room, Developing my own Film/TV/Digital Material, Other, and Shadowing
- Favourite Movies: Cloud Atlas, Big Fish, Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses, Running with Scissors, 500 Days of Summer, Forrest Gump, August Rush, and many many more :)
- Favourite TV Shows: Angels in America, United States of Tara, Weeds, Community, How to Get Away with Murder, Scandal, Modern Family, New Girl, Pushing Daisies, The Hour, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Glee, Chuck, Skins...
- Link: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shabnamshahin/
Shabnam Shahin is an aspiring Development Executive with 10+ years of experience in the film and television industry. She earned a Master of Arts degree from Ryerson University in 2014 and is also a graduate of Ryerson’s Radio and Television Arts program as well as Tarragon Theatre’s Young Playwrights Unit. With a holistic approach to learning, she has had the wonderful opportunity of working within a variety of fields in the industry including development, distribution, programming, interactive entertainment, production, and law. She has trained with Oscar-nominated producer – David Permut, played a key role as Toronto International Film Festival’s Production Manager, directed for LuminaTO Festival, and has received recognition for her growing body of work including the Best Merit Award for her film “Last Stop” with the LA Cinema Festival of Hollywood, TARA Awards nominations for “Pandora’s Box”, “In Emerson’s Case”, and “Last Stop”, as well as a place as a finalist in the Corus web-series pitch competition for “Trails” and “Rena and the Rock Travellers”.