- Country: United States
- Province/State: New York
- City: NYC
- Experience Level: Emerging
- Field of Work: Fiction/Scripted, Drama Series, Lifestyle/Reality TV, and Documentary
- Union: Non-Union
- Recent Credits: Murder of God's Banker - Assistant Editor
- Favourite Movies: 3 Idiots, One Child Nation
- Favourite TV Shows: Severance, Unorthodox
- Authorized to work in the USA?: Yes
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm13655515/
- Link 2: http://www.linkedin.com/in/yeshanzhang
- Link 3: http://www.yeshan.photography/
I’m a NYC-based, China-raised storyteller. After I graduated from SVA, the first project I worked on was a true-crime doc-series called Murder of God’s Banker, which is currently air on Paramount+. Shortly afterwords, I have worked on a feature documentary as well as a few shorts. As I’m still at an early stage of my career, I would love to explore different genres in TV/ Film industry. I’m currently working on reality TV shows and would love to have a chance to edit scripted shows/films in the future. With an ultimate goal of becoming an editor, I’m especially interested in topics like immigration, human rights, education and food.
As a Han Chinese, I grew up in a town where a majority of the population is Muslim in Xinjiang, northwest China. I developed interests in cultures of the ethnic minorities. I always have a strong will to showcase my community through videos beyond the national propaganda in China.
Having a journalism background from college, I’ve been telling stories for the voiceless communities. With my desire and passion for telling stories about different religions and cultures, I did photo projects about Hasidic jews and Muslims in NYC. After I took a film editing class at SVA, I discovered that video editing was a greater medium for me to tell stories. I made short documentaries about different cultural family dynamics.
With my goal to become an editor, I’ve been working as an Assistant Editor for a couple documentary projects and TV shows to expand my storytelling horizons.